Our nation faces a critical debt crisis, and once Obamacare takes its toll, things are only going to go from worse to catastrophic. Repealing Obamacare will save our nation trillions in the long run, not to mention preserving the world’s greatest health care system.
In February I posted Ten Reasons to Repeal Obamacare. As implementation of Obamacare marches forward, more reasons to repeal have become evident.
We need bold leaders to take on Obamacare and end it before it’s too late. One thing such leaders can count on in this fight: The American people. Latest polls show a majority of Americans are now in favor of repeal. The longer we wait, the more damage to America is done.
Five Additional Reasons to Repeal Obamacare:
1. Obamacare is leading to a shortage of medicines across America. Shortages of common drugs like pain-killers, common diuretics, heart tonics, blood pressure treatments and anti-coagulants are skyrocketing.
2. With the existence of an Obamacare slush fund and wildly varying cost estimates across the board, no one really knows how much money Obamacare will cost America in the long run.
3. Obamacare destroys our privacy by allowing private health plans to pay only those doctors who implement whatever the federal government dictates to improve “quality.”
4. Unaccountable “committees” such as the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) will make decisions about what care is appropriate and are beyond the oversight of Congress. The recent ruling removing Avastin as an available treatment for advanced-stage breast cancer is only the beginning.
5. Much of Obamacare is unconstitutional, but we cannot simply rely on the courts to declare it so.
My original Ten Reasons to Repeal Obamacare from February:
1. The 1099 Rule Targets Small Businesses. Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, I am a successful small business owner. Obamacare requires us to file a 1099 tax form for any business purchase over $600. This significant paperwork burden falls on small businesses just as many are struggling to survive the Great Recession. All so we can help “fund Obamacare.”
2. Skyrocketing Premiums. The insurance premiums I pay to cover my employees are increasing at well over 80%. Like the 1099 Rule, this is another way Obamacare targets small businesses. These exploding premiums are a not-so-veiled effort to get employers to drop employee health benefits and force them into the government-run insurance. I’m proud to provide my employees with these benefits and I’m appalled that the federal government is squeezing me and other small business owners this way in order to fill the ranks of public-run insurance.
3. Seniors Get Squeezed. Many of my clients are seniors who rely on Medicare, which was already facing cuts prior to the adoption of Obamacare. They will be hit again under Obamacare. Now Medicare faces even more cuts under the new law while the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is proposing a new entitlement insurance program for the “uninsured”. Some that may qualify for a “free ride”.
4. Legal Abuse Left Untouched. Why have health care costs been shooting through the roof over the past 20 years? A key driver is abuse of the legal system through malpractice lawsuits. Frivolous claims and outrageous awards have sent malpractice insurance premiums every doctor must pay into the stratosphere. Democrats in Congress and President Obama failed to address this obvious cost driver in Obamacare because trial lawyers are among their biggest contributors.
5. Doctors are Being Squeezed. Medicare keeps slashing the rate that medical doctors are reimbursed for the care they provide — currently about 25% less than market rates. Doctors had already begun declining to take on new Medicare patients because they can’t continue to absorb the costs. Obamacare will continue to slash these reimbursement rates, further limiting the ability for seniors to find a doctor to treat them. Access will certainly be limited.
6. Hidden Taxes will Kill Small Businesses. Obamacare is extremely complex, and we’re just beginning to fully understand the details of its implementation. Over the next two years hidden taxes contained within Obamacare will hit many small businesses hard and drive many others under! Where will these tax revenues go? To pay for Obamacare, of course! Whether you deserve it or not! Spread the wealth.
7. Research and Development Takes a Hit. Medical device and pharmaceutical companies take huge risks every year to develop the innovative products and medicines that improve and extend the lives of millions of Americans. Obamacare allows politicians to dictate what medical products and treatments should cost, setting up a situation where companies cannot recoup their development costs and will not have the resources to continue taking such risks.
8. Cancer Treatments Rationed. Under Obamacare, many cancer-treating medications will be rationed and may not be available at all. It’s already begun. Let’s hope you can continue to afford private insurance or maintain your treatments under Medicare.
9. Obamacare is a Job-Killer. How are entrepreneurs and small business owners going to swing all of the new taxes and regulatory burdens imposed on them and pay the high costs of health insurance? It will be more difficult to bring on the types of skilled employees that I need for my business. It will place a strain on my ability to continue providing the premier private and skilled services that I am now able to provide. Just when we need more jobs, Obamacare goes for the kill.
10. Obamacare is a Business-Killer. Obamacare will cut me off at my knees. In 2013 I will likely need to sell real estate to generate capital to reinvest in my business. I need to hire more employees and treat more patients at home that need personal care, skilled nursing and physical therapy. But wait a minute! Under Obamacare I now face an additional tax on the capital gains from real estate sales. Now after all of the hard work to save, buy, maintain and hope to gain some equity in real estate, I must to fork over another 3.8% to fund Obamacare and not my business! Obamacare will kill businesses.
Obamacare’s 2,700 pages is set to transform many aspects of American life, business and society. It is a law far too sprawling in scope to warrant specific fixes. It must be fully repealed and defunded soon, before permanent damage to our nation occurs.